Random Thoughts and Just Stuff

Exactly what the blog title implies :)

Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Undead!!!

Ok, now that I have your attention LOL

Ok, when I was in Europe in the summer, I bought a slew of books.. One of them was called "Undead and Unpopular" it was a really funny book... one of a series... Now normally I don't like to read series out of order... but I had already started the book before I realized it was part of a series... Anyways I read the book... and It was one of those books that makes you chuckle outloud.. Yes, it's about vampires but in a humorous vein (pardon the pun lol)..

Anyways back home, a few days ago, I was in a bookstore and found more of the series... (just missing one now).... these are the books written by Mary Janice Davidson:

Undead and Unwed
Undead and Unemployed (the one I'm missing -for now)
Undead and Unappreciated
Undead and Unreturnable
Undead and Unpopular

Anyways to give you an idea of what to expect from these books. Here's the back cover thing from the first one:

"From just-laid-off secretary to queen of the undead....

It's been a helluva week for Betsy Taylor. First, she loses her job. Then, to top things off, she's killed in a car accident. But what really bites (besides waking up in the morgue dressed in a pink suit and cheap shoes courtesy of her stepmother) is that she can't even seem to stay dead. Every night she rises, with a horrible craving for blood. She's not taking too well to a liquid diet.

Worst of all, her new friends have the ridiculous idea that Betsy is the prophesied vampire queen, and they want her help in overthrowing the most obnoxious power-hungry vampire in five centuries --a badly dressed Bela Lugosi wannabe, natch. Frankly, Betsy couldn't care less about vamp politics, but they have a powerful weapen of persuasion: designer shoes. How can any self-respecting girl say no? But a collection of Ferragamos isn't the only temptation for Betsy. It's just a lot safer than the scrumptious Sinclair--a seductive bloodsucker whose sexy gaze seems as dangerous as a stake through the heart...

It occured to me as I read the first one.. (err the last one in the series so far lol) that this book might be for younger readers.. but I didn't care.. it made me laugh.. as did the next one,.. which WAS the first one in the series..... I've already started the third one.. (dammit I gotta find that second one!!!) LOL

Anyways.. that's my blogging for tonight...

:)

6 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Jo..we're all kids at heart! I like the Harry Potter books/movies. Oh, and Disney movies too! If it makes you laugh who cares who its meant for. Hugs sweetie!

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    check out amazon.co.uk not .ca, they don't have it, if you happen to know any UK peeps ask them to send it you, or order it, shipping is cheap, well from US to UK, not sure about UK to deepest darkest Canada.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From the mind of Meribah:

    Sounds interesting, Jo! The way I've got it figured is that a good read is a good read, no matter who it's for! I love The Great Brain series by John Fitzgerald. It's told from the perspective of a boy talking about his older brother, who he perceives to be a genius. You should check it out sometime!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Rainbow said…

    JO! Whatever rings your bell, honey! You know I still feel like I'm in my twenties...I think I always will...er..make that YES I always will. So let's get together and go party somewhere! pokes Jo
    Love Ya!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :blink:

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just started a Vampire series by PN Elrod. It's 6 books in 2 volumes, together called The Vampire Files.

    It follows the story of Jack Fleming, a newspaper reporter in the 1930's and a recently made vampire. The original copyright is 1990, so you may already be aware of them.

    I'm halfway through Bloodlust and enjoying it. Elrod writes the vampires with a mix of Stoker and Rice - I like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home